Friday, August 31, 2007

Did I sight an UFO?






All this days whatever i have written in my blogs are straight from my heart and with no exaggeration or make ups...i am saying this now because what i am going to talk about now is something which almost everyone brushed it aside when i spoke about it to them.
I was some 7 or 8 years old then me and my family were on a vacation at moms home town in Vellore. It was some were around 8:00pm in the evening i and my cousins were having a fun time at a hall adjacent to the terrace of the house. The place in itself was very calming with a mountainous background.The rocks of the mountain were just about 500m from the house. You can feel the cold air gushing through your clothing with only the rustles of the coconut tree leaves disturbing the night`s peace.[ok..ok. sorry for borrowing that line from a ghost novel..let me comeback to something really serious]
And all of a sudden we heard a yelling sound from one of my cousins he was standing in the pitch dark terrace outside the hall.I really don`t remember the reason why he went there at that hour. May be to have some fresh air after dinner.All i remember was we all ran towards the terrace where he was standing.He pointed his hands towards the sky. And there it was a bright yellow light in the middle of no where .The light was of something like the shape of a kite.No one could really figure out what we were actually witnessing.We all stood in awe watching the phenomenon..no one has seen something like that before.The light was not static it gradually began to move in one direction.From the intensity of the light i could clearly make out that it was coming from a far lower altitude .Please don`t mistake it for a aeroplane or something because what i going to say now is the best part of the entire incident.
The light hovered around the sky for sometime(nearly two or three minutes ) and to all our astonishment it vanished all of a sudden with no clue.No one really discussed the incident after and I was too young at that age to dicipher anything,but the incident was deeply carved in my memory.
Some seven-eight years passed by and the incident was almost out of my mind i hardly thought about it any time.I was at my grandfather`s house during a weekend when a found a book on flying saucers on my uncle`s table.The book was in Tamil "Parrakum Thatugal" (Flying Saucers).I am not all that well versed in Tamil as was studying only Hindi at my school so i asked my grandpa to read it aloud for me.There in that book was several description of UFO(Unidentified Flying Object) sightings and research involved in that field and a spine chilling factual account of how scientist involved in the research of UFO were mysteriously committing suicides and getting mentally ill.
Then there was another fact which brought all my past memories back, a complete description of a UFO sighting by the author of the book.The description almost exactly matched with what i had witnessed.It also talked about some famous UFO sightings in Tamilnadu especially in the districts on Namakkal, Vellore and Kanyakumari."So all the UFO facts you come across are not restricted only to the western world ,things are well happening in our own backyard" claimed the author of the book.
After getting to read the book at my grandpa`s house i started following UFO sightings across the world.I have almost watched exhaustively all documentaries on UFO`s on discovery channel and i have read several books on the subject as well.And all this facts just reinforce on thing,What i sighted on that night was indeed an UFO.

I don`t know what exactly it was whether a flying saucer or some astronomical phenomenon as some documentaries claim.But what i saw was something really abnormal and extraordinary which you don`t get see frequently and very certainly something which is termed as UFO in modern terminology.

May be i would have remained a skeptic if haven`t seen a UFO ,but the term UFO is too clumsy to draw a conclusion.But whatever it was there is a lot of truth attached to all the thousand of UFO sighting reported across the world. But UFO predominately remains a western terminology because of lack on institutions keeping in track of sightings in in India.But certainly there is something common which several thousands people across the world have witnessed and lot more still skeptical.

With lots of skepticism,
Karthick.S

10 comments:

Thiyagaraj said...

Your sighting experience was nice to read. Its really good that you have studied about UFOs. But make sure you don't get involved in the real-time research of UFO(beacause I have heard that it is said in the oldest-Indian-civilization-astrological-literatures that people get mentally ill(mad) if they think beyond scope about such things and about the origin and limits of the universe).

Denise said...

Nice one Karthick! ETs and UFOs are true and This article of yours really has kindled my focus to look for more information related with UFOs.Also,your confrontation with that mysterious light(UFOs)looks genuine.Looking forward to more of your interesting articles.

Karthick said...

thanks for ur comments guys...

Oberon said...

.......there are more things in heaven and earth horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy......hamlet.

Shruti Mukundan said...

UFOs r really very interesting to talk about and to imagine and yeah there do exit many stories on UFO's. I personally have never encountered any, nor have heard anyone known saying that they have sighted that.. till today. I once read somewhere that scientist have found some viruses at the peak of some mountain cliff in China and there was this argument that those virus couldnt have reached that height of their own. So there was an hypothesis that an UFO actually landed there and it was the carrier of that virus... the truth behind such things r a mystery but I really wish to c one by myself!!!

Phoenixsong said...

Hey wow! Thats so cool!! I have always wanted to have an experience like this. I mean the significance of the moment and the belief that you hold for it changes a life. Way to go!

RINZU RAJAN said...

oh id it real?? but guess you have minor grammatical errors here and there...like for starting the title it should be did i sight a ufo and not did i sight an ufo

such mistakes are minor but in the long run make it difficult for the writer to channelize their thoughts...

keep writing

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Keerthana from Vellore, and I'm sure I have seen a UFO in vellore. The same as ur experience Karthick, in my childhood, I have seen two individual lights (just like bright stars) moved paralllely to make a 180° rotate right in front of my eyes. I'm basically a good star gazer, love to watch stars at night and sit for hours in my terrace. All of sudden that happend within 5 to 10 sec.

The second encounter was in chennai and like in my home town I was sitting in my terrace to admire stars. This time it was in a size of moon with very bright light hovering right above and disappeared in a flash within a second. There were to many sightings before and after the same day which broadcasted in local news channels.

Keerthana said...

Hi, I'm Keerthana from Vellore, and I'm sure I have seen a UFO in vellore. The same as ur experience Karthick, in my childhood, I have seen two individual lights (just like bright stars) moved paralllely to make a 180° rotate right in front of my eyes. I'm basically a good star gazer, love to watch stars at night and sit for hours in my terrace. All of sudden that happend within 5 to 10 sec.

The second encounter was in chennai and like in my home town I was sitting in my terrace to admire stars. This time it was in a size of moon with very bright light hovering right above and disappeared in a flash within a second. There were to many sightings before and after the same day which broadcasted in local news channels.

Karthick said...

@keerthana : hey keerthana very nice to hear your experiences, as exceptional as ufo sightings are it very rare to see one and to have spotted it twice you must be really lucky.

When did you have the sighting in chennai? I live in chennai , but never had a chance to witnesses one here.