Friday, September 28, 2007

Mediocrity Sucks...









Its just around 8 months to go and then I am on my own facing the world as it is.Just having a little retrospection about all this 21 years of my stay here.Mediocrity has seeped into every walk of life.In fact I have feed up of being mediocre.You either be the best or not.you have a hot or cold drink,lukewarm irritates my gut.I am really bored of this tag of "Jack all trades,master of none",atleast some point of time you need to master few of the trades you know.My academic life has not been the best,I have never ever got a first rank in my entire academic life[ which was my ultimate kiddish goal...].Its always my dream to be the best in whatever I do, but so far with little success.Time and again my confidence and motivation have been pulverized by many,but they cannot snatch my sole weapon and the most powerful of all,my "Self Belief".But then I am not too concerned about my past now,something which I could not have done much and most of it shaped by my destiny.Never mind,I am not going to gain much by brooding over the past,rather it will better if I learn from the past.
By biggest dream now, to get my professional life bang on target as I want it to be.I want to balance a lot of things in life,I don`t want to let any stone unturned.I want to experience every flavor of life.I am looking for a career which would not just be a job but a way of life, accommodating all my passions.One reason I wanted a software job is because in way a it would help me satisfy my ultimate passion in life,"Traveling".I can`t talk about it much here,it would run to pages,may be some time later in my future posts.I always prefer being a freelancer doing things at my own pace,I think thats when I can get the best out of me ,never mind I can also perform under pressure,provided I have passion for what I do.
Right now sitting in the final year class of ECE,with a mediocre project..life does not speak much for itself. I know there are days in your life where you can do what you like and there are other days where you need to like what you do.But I am still waiting for my hay days, where my wish will prevail and everything I do will be straight from my heart with passion.I am gearing for my next scenario,which I hope will bring out the best in me and I will be able break the thick ice of mediocrity.

With dreams of passion,
Karthick.S

9 comments:

Karthick said...

well thanks for the comment guys...


Krishna: u have almost written a reply blog with ur comments great to read buddy thanks a lot for spending so much of ur time....we will rock this two sems together,irrespective what happens around us...

Anonymous: ya that was deliberate...anyway thanks for the wishes...

Denise said...

kudos Karthick!(pat!!!)hmmm.. Perhaps ur confrontation with our HOD has instilled U to write such a blog or was it written before that. Anyway, Its great to see U take life in the broader sense. I tell this because many people take even a minor failure in their life as the end, that they would just conclude they have reached their level of incompetence.(Like me).But U r very different karthick, U have got a nice positive attitude there and it shows especially in this blog. I am sure you will be able to realize ur dreams and you will be a stand-out performer. bye bye..

Karthick said...

dennis: hey thts was nice to read...thanks buddy...i think those principles applies to u as well... don`t consider urself to be incompetent..its just that u are yet reach the environment of ur core competency...u are one person i feel can do lot better in life with good opportunity and motivation...so keep ur fingers crossed ur hay days are not far away...

sumathy said...

hi karthick i read through your column... it really captured me.. especially ur sound in english language and dictions... simply great... but one more thing tat i wish to tell u s,always hope for the best,aim high.. never lose ur confidence.. if u wanna be, and work towards t im sure not oly u evryone ill succeed in der life.. der s lot more to cumup in life....enjoy it as you pass on ur ages...

Karthick said...

sumathi: thanks yaar...i can see tht long road ahead of me...any way thanks for the wishes...

Subhashree said...

really speechless....u have really ruled the language.....anyone can get first rank...but i havent met a person with such matured thoughts....your blog shows your thirst for knowledge...very few have such attitude.....i dont kno whether iam eligible to speak all these ...iam sure you will reach heights...hats off !!!!!

Karthick said...

subashree: thanks for your compliments yaar...its some times hard to contain emotions and i just found a way to bottle it out...

Shruti Mukundan said...

when i saw the heading, i got up to search for the dictionary since i didnt knew the meaning of 'mediocrity'. then i realized i could pretty easy find it in google n so i came back! when i got the meaning, i noticed 12 comments, so for the first time, i read the comments before the post, n u bet, u have a whole blog on comments there!! he he...

anyways, that inspired me to write a long comment as i always like!! i understand getting first rank is every child's dream so was mine. but i was luckier to have stood first in 10 out of the 12 classes i studied!! lost in 7th n 8th but its ok... 'jack of all trades' well there we both r alike. maybe we dont do the same 'trade' but then even i have my hands stuck in many fields like singing, dancing, painting, driving, cooking, blogging, embroidring, knitting, stiching, etc. etc. but have mastered none of that! but as yet i haven't complained about my mediocrity. rather than calling myself a 'jack of all trades' i call myself an 'alrounder'!! that sounds cool na? try it out, u will feel better.

just one suggestion, dont wait for the 'hay day' to come, let ur 'hay day' start from this very minute. go for ur dreams. good luck!!

Ramya Suriyamoorthy said...

Academics is only a part of life where we learn some bookish stuff. But not being able to achieve in a single domain never means that u are less capable or mediocre. I always like ur attitide. I'm sure that ur attitude will help u acheive something what the toppers and bookish people will never be able to achieve.