Sunday, December 16, 2007

Haunted By Human Hollowness......





I was taking a walk across the shop glancing at their bookshelves and most cannily I stumbled upon something and fell over and the entire volume of books in the shelf fell over me. An old lady in her early fifties came to my rescue, She helped me stand on my feet and I thanked her.She introduced herself to me as a fortune teller and asked me this flabbergasting question.."Is this your first time as Human..?".

This was a clipping of a unknown movie I was watching the other day as I was irritatingly browsing through some of the TV channels.

This is exactly what I feel some times...."Is this my first time as human"?..Its not that I stumble in a bookstore often[and of course I have stumbled in some most awkward situations],its about the entire perspective of life.Every day looks so new,every time I look at a fellow human I see in him the complex characteristic of his species unique to its nature.I try so hard to fall in line with him and kind of try to adapt to his nature not because of fear of rejection but to identify my self as one among them, after all even I am called as "Human".
And whats more haunting than the uncertainty of human life,you have no say over the past and no control over the future and you live the present repenting about the past and hoping for the future.The breed of humans had grown so complex there is nothing called to be instinctively human , except for eating or sleeping.Everything thing is so tailored and every behavior is so unpredictable.
There is one section of people ever partying and enjoying every aspect of life to the extent that they abuse themselves and there is this section of society weeping and hoping tomorrow will be better than yesterday.

What made me to be born in this circumstance where I am given education,food,love,shelter and all so called luxuries of life and what made him to be born their, roaming the streets with tattered clothes, no one to care and not aware of the worth of his own human life.If he were to be put in my shoes,who knows this person who does`t even care about himself might have done far better in life then me.But whats the point what made him to be in that dimension of life..Fate or Karma..? . Should I consider myself that I am blessed to be here this way or should I boast my fortune that thankfully I was`t there.


With rains pouring down in from the pitch dark sky, with freezing cold winter ,you have a cozy bed under a roof to sleep , while a person of your own age with no mistake of his,desperate to find a fragment of shade to escape the harsh nature with his heavy sleep laden eyelids.If you are a believer of reincarnation whats the guarantee that you will retain your current comfort of life or go better.Can feel you the haunt with me,can you image your self as one among the destitute,it would`t have have taken much for you to be in their place.


Every time when I see people so opaque to the pain,suffering and hollowness ,I wonder why don`t they realize this phobic words could be part of their lives too,its not a threat but its the ground reality,if it can happen to them,it may well happen to you as well,may be today ,tomorrow or a century later.
Its the same feeling that haunts me and make me say,"Never take anything in life for granted".


Living in this haunted place with you,
Karthick.S

6 comments:

Gayatri said...

karthick.. dont think so much.. breathe.. =)

i can identify with your thought process, because even i ask a million "why me" questions every 3rd hour.. and then i realized.. BREATHE.. dont think.. just go with the flow of the motion and everything will be A-okie.. and if things aint A-okie, we WILL deal with them head on..

but until then, BREATHE.. =) make sense?

Karthick said...

gayatri: may be i got this disease of over thinking..anyway i will take your suggestions..thanks...

Neeru said...

Good post mate! If at all you find a solution to all your doubts do care to drop them in! :-)

Karthick said...

krishna:thanks for the comment buddy...

neeru: well i wonder when it might take a lifetime to find answer to this questions..anyway thnx for the comment yaar...

Rampantheart said...

This is one of the most sensible and the best posts i have read in a while. Even i am an avid thinker but can't say we have similar thoughts coz all i think about is myself. I am kinda self-centered when it comes to all this. I would certainly say i am the luckiest of all the people and i believe what i think. I am a mixture of all philosophies put together(Communism, Objectivism, Existentialism and our own sanatana dharma).I dont want to start a big conversation as the topic might lead to philosophy.;)Well, i am a long post aficionado and am real glad i met you on the blogosphere.Really look forward to acquainting with ya.Keep the words flowing!

Shruti Mukundan said...

sigh... all i wanted to write has already been written!!! after reading almostttt all ur posts, i feel this one is the best!!! i dont think there can ever b a solution to this prob, all we can do is thank god for the life we r given. on a honest side i would say that i deserved nothing less :)

i dont really agree with ur frd thr suggesting u to drop in some % of money earned to such ppl... thats surely not gonna solve the prob! i guess here the prob is not solving poverty... its more broader. well i consider a millionaire motherless child much more unluckier then the so called 'slumdogs' who got their mother by their side to take care of them!

d pic is damn cute!!